Friday, August 31, 2007

Burnt Out

Well where should I start. I guess I'll start with the update. As most people already know, the update apparently screwed up the 2-handed weapon DMG a great deal. Namely meaning that SAM, DRG, DRK, etc are doing much more damage then they should I guess? I dunno first hand because I haven't played any of those jobs since before the update came out. I haven't even had a chance to do the new ToA missions yet either. Lately I just feel bleh. This past summer I basically devoted myself solely to Sky and Limbus because I wanted to get as much of those in as I could before classes started Sept 4th. Honestly I'm just burnt out. I go NIN to both events nearly 24/7 99% of the time so I can say for a fact that I am really not liking NIN atm. At the time that I'm writing this blog, I can say I wish I never have leveled it in the first place. Yeah it was fun at first but now its just so boring. Especially since the update because NIN can't hold hate worth poo. It was hard enough holding hate without this 2-handed buff but now it's like why try unless you're getting SATA'd properly. I miss my other jobs too. I haven't been on SAM since a short merit party I did a few weeks ago to get it a buffer as well as a merit. It was a blast, I totally forgot how fun and how much damage I could do. It was a normal party setup in Halvung and we were fighting trolls. As for DRG, the last time I got on it was for one day in sky when we were just doing Diorite farming and I actually got to come as a non-NIN job. That was ok for a while, I realize that I have some really awesome DRG gear, it's just a shame that I'm never on the job anymore. Hence my disgust for NIN currently. Anyway, end-rant.

On the other side of the spectrum, I've been doing some heavy THF leveling when I'm not occupied on NIN. I am currently around 1800 exp to level 68 and I am pumped! It's just a pity that I have to seek for a few hours before I actually get any invites Dx. Oh well, I beat Chrono Trigger over the last few days and started Chrono Cross again so those keep me occupied while I'm seeking XD.



The above image was from a party I was in at Caedarva Mire. I've never camped at this spot or exped off these mobs but it was pretty fun. We went through the Nyzul Isle staging point and came out in the wrong spot, but we decided to stay anyway. There are about 5-6 Shade mobs here with a short spawn time so it wasn't that bad. They are pretty harmless although annoying when they take your TP on a regular basis. Another thing about THF that confuses me is the lack of Skillchains. I dunno if it's just because I'm a post-ToA THF, but I haven't actually been in a skillchain since like level...40? I always solo now, as does everyone else. I find that strange, but I guess it's just how parties work now. Not that I'm really complaining, but I just though it was rather strange. I am very eager to get THF to 75 and be done with it. I like the job overall, but I'm really only leveling it because I have all the gear for it (Homam+Hecatomb). Next up on the agenda is my MNK, which I have a static with Sheldan and Saoirse. So that has been going pretty well, but with the new semester starting we haven't been able to exp with that lately. Hopefully once the semester is underway more we will be able to go on with our static. I'm eager for my classes to start as well. I'm not sure how much time I'll have devoted to endgame once I start, but it should be ok. Although if I can't go to Sky/Limbus some days thats fine with me; my NIN could use the break.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thazienne said...

LSs in general need to have people they trust tanking the big stuff, although I can see how you can get burnt out on a job you really didn't intend to be playing alot. Its all about the greater good! ~Thaz

9/07/2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger Soda Pop said...

haha, I KNEW I remembered your name from somewhere!

that was a really nice party we had in caedarva the other night, very relaxing.

9/18/2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger Akanea said...

Yeah, that was a lot of fun, was so mindless and easy, was a great break from parties now and days XD.

9/19/2007 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home