Sunday, September 23, 2007

Aerial Gnomes

Where to start. Well recently I've been doing a bunch of random things from Besieged to Salvage. I stopped doing besieged a while ago because it was just getting too laggy and boring, but with recent additions to the exp/isp reward as well as items, it has become fun again. I've done a bunch of them and love the new rewards. Furthermore with the addition of "mini bosses" it's become even cooler. I saw this guy while I was running from some mobs:


That thing was huge. I didn't see it go under 97% that run but it was amazing to see something like that running around. I hope they can keep the excitement going with more additions to besieged, which makes it more fun. I've also been wanting to level my MNK recently. I had it in a static party with Sao and Shel but with their ASU homework workloads, its just not possible to party anymore so I decided to leave the static. They don't really care anyway, Sao was leveling SAM because she could and Shel only really plays FFXI for something to do with us. My only problem was that if I was going to level MNK again I'd need a certain item. This is the only item that I've never had and that I've always wanted, but didn't want to pay the crazy price that people were asking for it. This item is of course Ochiudo's Kote. Way back when I first leveled SAM I used one for a day and was amazed at how awesome it was back when SAM was in the 30's. Unfortunately I had to give it back and never saw another one again. When I first used it, it sold on the AH for around 2mil! That sucked some big moogle ass. Also it was so heavily camped and had such a crappy drop rate that it was pointless to even camp it. A year or so after SE decided to make it Rare/Ex so the Gil sellers stopped camping it. However the real players never left. It not only is just heavily camped, but the drop rate is one of the worse drop rates I've ever seen. Well flash forward to today. I decided I was just going to buy it. I got SAM and NIN both to 75 and never used it, but for MNK I felt it was just...needed, ya know? So I spent 800k on it and voila I finally have one:


I've gotten MNK from 32-38 in 2-3 days and it's been a blast. The other day Omoi and I made a PT together and it was amazing. She got from 34 to 37 and I went from 36-38. It was an amazing party and we had a lot of fun. Also, is it just me or does Omoi look like a personal fitness trainer:


I dunno, maybe it's just me >_>.

Also I helped Ringthree out with one of Vs. Salvage runs. I've only done one other run before, (which was also with Vs. and we lost), but they needed an extra NIN so I said I'd help out:


It was really fun, although we lost again. I just dunno if I can justify doing the runs on a regular basis. You need to do assaults to build up points to spend on Salvage. Also, to get the major gear you need 3 items that drop from Salvage. THEN you need to trade in certain materials with the 3 items to get the item you want. Furthermore the items you need are usually insanely expensive. For example I know one of them requires 12 O Ingots. I dunno about you guys, but I'm deadass broke. Anyway, it was fun to do but I dunno, I'm still thinking about it. Ring said that I'm welcome to come anytime so I think I may try out a few more runs and see if I really want to do it. I have enough stuff to worry about with endgame activities.

Speaking of endgame activities, there has been some major drama with mine as of late. My Limbus LS and Dynamis LS are rather stagnant. Kitsume has decided to finally "quit" and in doing so has really almost destroyed these two LS. I'm not judging her, if its her time to leave then thats fine. I just dunno about other people. There have been runs in Dynamis where people have refused to go because Kitsume wasn't there. Now she doesn't "own" the LS, but is one of the oldest members and knows it inside out. We can do things without her, but some Japanese players refuse to. There seems to be a control issue in the LS as well with the majority of the members being either Japanese or German. It's kind of odd to be the minority and to be English c.c. Not that theres much I want from Dynamis anymore or if I can even attend the runs because of classes. Also my Limbus LS has and looks like is slowly dieing. Kitsume WAS a leader in the LS along with Enriquez who tried to assure everyone that we'd go on without her until everyone has their Homam/Nashira requests. While I appreciate his words, I just do not believe him. I knew that as soon as Kitsume quit, other players would stop coming and my thoughts were verified when Km posted that he wasn't going to attend anymore. I really don't like people when they pull things like this. The last few runs, we have had about 6 people. That's it. It's very sad, but I dunno how much longer the LS will go on. I just hope that we can still get some of the newer members some gear before it finally dies.

On a completely side note, I have to rant about something else! So what's the deal with people not passing on items at events. I mean cmon people! Nothing is more frustrating that killing a God/Boss/Etc and sitting around for 5-10min because people go afk or just sit there and pass/lot on things when they shouldn't. I've seen items go to wrong people and items lost because of people doing this. Is it that hard to pass/lot on items when they drop? The answer is no. For my Dynamis LS we have a rule, that if you do not pass on an item and you get it even though you didn't want it, you lose points. People tend to pay attention a lot more when you have these rules in place. I just can't tolerate people when they don't pass an item. If you're dead or have to go afk or something at that EXACT moment, then so be it, but most of the time, it's not the case. If I can find time to pass/lot on items when I'm tanking on NIN and trying to kite things or do backflips or something, then so can you people! Dx

Anyway, endrant~ I will leave you all now with those final thoughts!
BTW: New job = Dancer!
This should be interesting but I'm wondering if it will be Female only and maybe have another Male job? They've only shown screenshots of the Females and I can't see a Galka in AF or whatever like that prancing around. I think it was Final Fantasy Tactics maybe that had a male and female job? If not, maybe it was FF5. I don't remember, but I think that would be kinda neat to see. I mean can you really imagaine a Galka or Elvaan male dancing around? Neither can I.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Fleshman said...

ONE AU PRECIOUS METAL NUMBER ONE PHYSICAL INVESTMENT IN MALAYSIA. USED GOLD; MEMBER LIST; ACTIVITY; FORUM; CONTACT US. suitable for personal collection and savings asset investment. GOLD BAR Gold purity: 999.9 Gold carat: 24k Weight: 10g, 20g. One of the significant factors in the real estate investing process is choosing a location. Where Can I Sell My Gold Jewelry This information can prove useful for both stock and option traders, including those writing covered calls. For example, if the Bank of England suggested that they were going to increase interest rates in order to reduce high inflation, they would be considered hawkish in their aggressive actions.

1/11/2013 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home